Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Re-enable Ideal Emotion for Basegame full-parttime careers

by mitchsimmer Posted 26th Apr 2024 at 9:30 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2024 at 8:00 PM by mitchsimmer

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 7:44 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 12:38 AM
yessss! thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 12:53 AM
Does this re-enable the actual gameplay or just the UI element?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 8:04 AM
I did actually want this back! I started playing Ts4 from TS3 after it was removed but it sounds like a helpful challenge! thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InternWaffle
Does this re-enable the actual gameplay or just the UI element?

Hi, for what i can tell and see in game and in S4S it effects the gameplay but i didnt change anything else so im not 100% sure
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mitchsimmer
Hi, for what i can tell and see in game and in S4S it effects the gameplay but i didnt change anything else so im not 100% sure

It looks like all you did was modify the simdata to say it should be displayed. There is nothing in any of the actual tuning about it.

This mod also overwrites every single career tuning which makes it very prone to breakage...If you've only modified the simdata, do not include the unmodified career tuning. You've got multiple mods posted that have unmodified tuning in them, you cannot do that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InternWaffle
It looks like all you did was modify the simdata to say it should be displayed. There is nothing in any of the actual tuning about it.

This mod also overwrites every single career tuning which makes it very prone to breakage...If you've only modified the simdata, do not include the unmodified career tuning. You've got multiple mods posted that have unmodified tuning in them, you cannot do that.

Hi thankyou for letting me know i will upload a new version without unmodified fields etc. You are a big help for me thanks
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 7:25 PM
Hi thankyou for letting me know i will upload a new version without unmodified fields etc. You are a big help for me thanks

Hi. I wanted to make sure before announcing any update that the mod now changes gameplay for the emotion impact on career progress, not only the displayed info about it?

= luthienrising (on the Forums and AHQ)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelleny
Hi. I wanted to make sure before announcing any update that the mod now changes gameplay for the emotion impact on career progress, not only the displayed info about it?

Hi, i deleted all the unnessary files and deleted the parent stayover file completly. I did what Waffle suggested About the gameplay effects i didnt change that. The mod dont impact gameplay. I will make a note in the discription about that. Thankyou for you repley
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 12:24 AM
Hi, i deleted all the unnessary files and deleted the parent stayover file completly. I did what Waffle suggested About the gameplay effects i didnt change that. The mod dont impact gameplay. I will make a note in the discription about that. Thankyou for you repley

Hey! And would be possible to affect gameplay as design?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 1:48 AM

So... it only says that an emotion would impact careers but the emotion doesn't actually impact them?

= luthienrising (on the Forums and AHQ)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelleny
So... it only says that an emotion would impact careers but the emotion doesn't actually impact them?

Hello, i looked it up and it seems like that the ideal emotion still has an impact on the proformance off a career. This mod only enable the UI so you as a player can see the ideal mood for a career. I didnt change anything about the impact of the emotion. I also have the 2014 basegame and i can look in those files. The only thing that maxis changed was the impact of the negatieve emotions on career proformance. The ideal emotion has still the same impact now as back in the orinigal basegame. I hope that i answer your question